Saturday, February 23, 2019

Putting "somewhat" irrelevant work experience on resume?

Hi everyone,

I'll soon graduate and am hoping to email about a dozen job applications within the next week. My college years were honestly not "all-study" and I have been involved in several student startups (unregistered businesses - typically worked 6 mos - 1 year long, made money though). I've mainly worked on creating software powered with concepts like natural language processing, machine learning, etc. which currently have little to do with network engineering, and sound more related to software engineering.

I was wondering if it'd make sense to include the work experiences I mentioned earlier, or that it'd sound too unrealistic / distracting / fraudulent for a college student, and also somewhat irrelevant to the job I'm looking for (graduate positions like Network Supporting Engineer, etc.). I also have my CCNA now which I'll surely include, and so I'm concerned about the look of my resume bloated with different work areas and skillsets.

As people with experience, what'd be your take on this?



No comments:

Post a Comment