Saturday, February 23, 2019

your Meraki experiences

I have a client looking at the MX67 and similar series devices to support locations with low bandwidth requirements (less than 100Mbps) but high client count (in excess of 250 end users).

my understanding is the lower end machines, while powerful, are unlikely to support so many flows, given that the L7 features (which can't be turned off?) introduce state, and 250+ users create a lot of state.

I also know Cisco is keen not to cannibalize their ISR market with powerful lower cost Meraki devices. So my question is, does anyone have experience with the Meraki MX67 or similar lower end devices supporting multiples of the recommended 50 users?

much appreciated (for all of your recent Meraki experience -- I last touched their gear two years ago and was not impressed, but the trajectory was promising)



No comments:

Post a Comment