Wednesday, February 13, 2019

source for third-party transceiver or DAC?

I've purchased about 20 DACs and a few transceivers in the past few months from fs.com and have had pretty good luck. Unfortunately, I just ran into an issue with an Aruba 2930M. fs.com specified their 11559 transceiver which states that it's J9150A-compatible. The spec sheet for the 2930M says it supports the J9150D. When I checked with fs.com support, they said it would work. Well, lo and behold it doesn't. The transceiver comes up as not supported (even with the setting to allow unsupported transceivers set). I re-engaged support and they've just come back to tell me they don't currently have a solution, so I'm looking elsewhere.

After some checking here on this sub, I checked out Flexoptix, but it appears that they're in the same boat with only J9150A support. Anyone have a suggestion in general for a source or perhaps in particular for a third-party J9150D DAC or transceiver?



No comments:

Post a Comment