Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Cisco RV340W licensing

Hello everyone,

Long time redditer, first time poster :)

I was handed a Cisco RV340W and was asked to license the devices (there are 3 of them). I generally don't deal with licensing but the guy who manages all this left the company and I'm the only one here who can "help". The company I am in has a Cisco account and I am able to download new firmware versions for the devices so I think we are all good on that side of things.

However I noticed when I log in under the licensing tab, there is a Registration Status and License Authorization Status. Ive done some googling and I believe the License Authorization Status is for the extra features such as AVC_Webfilter and AnyConnectVPN (for more than 2 users). When enabled there is a 60 day "play around" trial and when disabled the status goes green. The guys who will be using the device don't require anyconnect or the WebFilter so I am assuming leaving it disabled wont have an impact on the normal features. Regarding the Registration status, is this just for the SMARTnet support? For example TAC support etc? If I dont register the device, will I lose functionality after some time?

Just a little confused regarding the licenses and a gently push in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your time.



No comments:

Post a Comment