Thursday, December 27, 2018

ELAM egress, N9K?

I am trying to validate that an N9K is tagging a specific frame on egress (like verifying the switch sends the frame to the end host with the correct tag). I haven't been able to see the frame with ethanalyzer or ERSPAN - the closest I've gotten is a monitor with a sup-eth destination but I still can't validate for sure that the switch is tagging the packet outbound. The Tahoe ASIC seems to only support "trigger init" not trigger init egress, and I've tried to just trigger using the dst_mac address as well as the outer IPv4 header. I am able to see the packet on ingress to the switch with just the IPv4 fields set.

SPAN is impractical in this particular case. I can't trust the host for a correct capture. I don't have a network tap. Do I have any other options?



No comments:

Post a Comment