Thursday, April 5, 2018

Anyone use Tierpoint for hosted DNS? I've had 3 techs tell me they're removing the ability for customers to edit their DNS without opening a ticket.

As the title says, last night I had trouble editing a text record. Normally you just leave the 'name' blank, so it will apply to the root of the zone (example.com), and then you can add your text (verifying you own the domain, for example).

Tierpoint was suddenly saying the 'name' field is mandatory, so we can't add new records and any of our long existing entries are non-editable.

I opened a ticket to report the bug, and was told it's not a bug, but that Tierpoint has started using Infoblox and is migrating all customer zones into there. They said my domains were migrated already, and I will no longer have permission to modify DNS, and that all future DNS changes will require a ticket for support to do for me.

I've now spoken to 3 different support techs who all say that same thing, but they're trying to find a manager to clarify the policy to me.

Anyone experience this?



No comments:

Post a Comment