Thursday, November 16, 2017

Aloha POS and Cisco Firewalls

Hey all,

I have a problem that I could use some help with. This one has me totally stumped. I have three different networks that all have the a similar problem, and here's the kicker, 1 location has an MX64 and the other two are using 5506-x ASAs. All have basically similar firewall configurations, and each one has a rule to allow communication between the office computer and the office Aloha server on all ports. The office computer has the name and IP of the Aloha server in its host file, and the Aloha server has the name and IP of the office computer in its host file. By all accounts, they should be able to communicate with no problem, but when I try to run Aloha Configuration Center from the office computer, I get an error saying that it cannot locate the office Aloha Server. My logs are not showing anything being blocked by the firewall, and the host files should be bypassing DNS to help the two find each other. I do have the two on separate VLANs, but that has not been a problem so far. However, we upgraded to a new version of Configuration Center, and that is when this problem started. The new version is 17.10.0.375. Has anyone out there had a similar problem, or does anyone have any insights?



No comments:

Post a Comment