Thursday, November 16, 2017

Access network jobs

Hi, I'm new to Reddit and don't know if this is the right place to ask.

I know carrier networks are pretty much divided into a core network and an access/distribution network.

Core network jobs sound, well, hardcore from the networking point of view. IGP and EGP routing, MPLS, and all that stuff.

What about access network jobs? So far, I've mostly found jobs related to link budgets, finding permission to dig trenches (for fiber) and something about antenna placement and cell optimization on the mobile side.

Not saying it's not interesting, and I know the core network deals with much more packet switching than the access part, but I wonder, are there any jobs in the access part that also use knowledge of networking protocols (I guess PPP, ATM, PPPoE, maybe Radius)?



No comments:

Post a Comment