Friday, October 9, 2020

New to Networking: Reading materials

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the right sub to ask but I'm pretty new with networking. I am currently a trainee in a network security company. It's a small company with less than 15 employees in total and focusses it's business around firewalls. So everyone here knows everything, and there is no SOP. Pretty much how an individual gets knowledge here by suffering doing projects and experience the hardship itself. It's been a month here, I started to get to know things bit by bit. I felt completely stupid when I came in first, now I could understand little bit when listening to coworkers conversations. But again, as a trainee, I pretty much wont be touching or have hands on the things I learnt, such as VMware, ACC, various firewall brands such as fortigate/paloalto. I understand that, being in a small company, its pretty much would be a disaster having your trainee manage those sort of stuff. So right now im stuck at getting the bigger picture working in a networking company. I don't really know what to read and how to connect things together, like theoritically i know stuff like DNS, Switches, Routers but practically im stupid. So yeah, it would be lovely if somebody out here to guide me what area should i be focussing on from now onwards, because i do feel like networking is for me, its just im having alot of questions on alot of things. I dont know if its right, or if its wrong, why is it wrong or right and so on.



No comments:

Post a Comment