Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Urgent ASA help needed - get traffic flowing between two inside interfaces

as title suggest, I'm trying to do something that should be simple, but I understand ASA is the anti-router and by default hates everything I want it to do...

I have inside1 with 192.168.0.0/24 and inside2 with 192.168.100.0/24

currently:

  • inside1 is security level 100

  • inside2 (new) is security level 99

  • both 1 and 2 can access internet (outside int)

  • I created NAT Exempt rule for inside1 interface with source of 1 and dest of 2, this allowed me to ping from 1 to 2! (GREAT SUCCESS lol)

  • I created two ACLs for both inside1 and inside2 interfaces (because I don't know what I'm doing, like AT ALL with this ASA), the 2 rules for each are any/the-other-inside-int and the-other-inside-int/any , so I made 4 ACLs.

I cannot get 2 to ping to 1, no matter what I do.. The goal is to put voip phones on inside2 and have them be able to access the main LAN for email server and other thngs, I can further restrict that later, for now I'd like it all to just talk.

btw this ASA has the old pre 8.2 config, in case it matters?



No comments:

Post a Comment