Sunday, July 21, 2019

When im doing remote work by vpn to work.domain, whilst tethered to my phone or cafe, as soon as I connect to vpn I cant access whatsapp.web.

So I know my work blocks whatsapp.web. Thats cool. But they also enforce on me their proxy when I vpn via F5 client.

I have tried all sorts of windows metric changing, deleting routes and attempting to force gateway to internet from my wifi/tether, but nothing sticks/works.

Now why this is annoying is NOT because I want to social, its because at the time I am doing remote deployments after-hours/at home/cafe/pub, and somehow everyone in the project has got comfortable using whatsapp for their group project chatter at deployment time, with on the spot issues for my attention 'hey whats going on here? anyone seen this before, what do i do??' kind of input. Considering i'm 1000's miles away, usually in bed and on the computer, hate 'screen time' i always prefer to web.whatsapp, but my phone get a notif, and i cannot be effective/efficient on a bloody touch phone with my fat fingers!!

I swore I could just add one static route based on below??

tracert web.whatsapp.com Tracing route to mmx-ds.cdn.whatsapp.net [157.240.8.53] 

As soon big Ip takes over, all my webs belong to the MAN!



No comments:

Post a Comment