Friday, July 19, 2019

Help configuring a router so that I can connect to a sever that’s connected to it from outside the router

In my office there's a 16 port router that I use to image new computers. I have an old server connected to the router that I use as the imaging server. So basically I can connect a bunch of PCs and then PXE boot them to image.

The router is connected to one of the ethernet jacks in the wall which goes to a switch in our switch closet. (Honestly I don't really know why it's a router in the first place, since it seems like a switch would suffice, but that's another whole topic.)

Anyway, if I login to the imaging server, I can access other computers in the building that are not connected to my router, but if I were on a computer in another room I can’t access the imaging server.

My goal is to be able to image computers in the computer labs without having to unplug them an bring them to my office.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.



No comments:

Post a Comment