Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Configuring multiple SSIDs on Cisco Aironet 2600 Series Access Point

Hi all,

I have three Cisco Aironet 2600 Series Access Points that a client has asked to have an additional SSID created on. Currently, they just contain one SSID. I have one access point set where I created an additional SSID, but I'm having trouble getting the encryption keys to be set so they are different.

Does anyone have experience with this series that can offer some hints? This is my first time working with Cisco access points, and the client does not have a controller.

They also want the second SSID to have certain traffic blocked. I was thinking an easier route if they want to go that way would be to buy a wireless router and configure a separate interface on the watchguard firewall and then block traffic that way as I can't even seem to figure out a simple second SSID with its own encryption key. The client has the current SSIDs set for WEP encryption.

Thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment