Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Is a demarcation box required to be outside or can the cable run straight from node to inside of building?

Hello there! Our office building is a commercial property. We currently have a demarcation box on top of our roof. I‘d like new CATV cables to be ran inside so they don’t sit outside exposed to weather elements.

My question is, is there anything wrong with moving the demarcation box inside to the MDF? This way if a coax cable needs to be ran inside, it doesn’t have to go outside to the demarcation box (an additional hole that’s drilled). The ISP node is just a few feet away from the MDF, so could a cable be run underground from the node to inside the building? I’d imagine this is the setup for most commercial properties.

I couldn’t find any information related to my question online, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.



No comments:

Post a Comment