Saturday, October 13, 2018

Networking Troubleshooting Labs that aren't Cisco?

Hey r/networking!

I'm working at a helpdesk job and we somewhat frequently have to troubleshoot connection issues with various vendors, users, vpn tunnels, etc, and I don't have very much in the way of guidance from a more experienced network admin. I spend quite a bit of time doing my due diligence and map everything out, but in a production environment, it doesn't always work out and I tend to get frustrated. I don't have someone that can tell me what small thing I may be missing, so I want to try to buff up myself by doing some networking troubleshooting labs, particularly ones that are not Cisco, because we don't have clients that use them. Nothing against Cisco, I just don't have much exposure.

Can anyone recommend some vendor-neutral networking troubleshooting simulations or labs that I can dig into? Preferably troubleshooting scenarios where you are trying to resolve connection issues using firewall rules, policies, zones, etc..

Thank you!



No comments:

Post a Comment