Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Cisco FirePower - High unmanaged disk usage

FMC is saying that one Firepower device has "High unmanaged disk usage on /Volume".

I've googled around but haven't found anything particularly useful about the message. Most of places tell you to check and clean out various directories on the drive, but I've done that and it is nowhere close to full. I thought maybe disk usage may refer to disk activity but I don't think it is.

I know it was a bug in 6.2.2 and below but I'm running 6.2.3 so in theory that shouldn't be the problem. I could upgrade it further but I don't have 5 years to spare right now.

One other thing, the device was unable to talk to FMC for a couple of weeks so maybe that has something to do with it. I thought maybe it buffered all its info in that period of time and it needs to be manually removed, but I can't find anything significant to remove.

Anyone dealt with this before?



No comments:

Post a Comment