Thursday, August 30, 2018

Update on Cybrary Customer Service Issue (I Was Wrong)

Okay, admitting you are wrong on the internet feels lousy but it is the right thing to do even if this doesn't get a lot of views. I posted about Cybrary having "predatory" business practices when it came to cancellation of their Insider Pro Program. I admit this was a pretty big exaggeration fueled by frustration more than anything else. The practices were not predatory but rather that they were unclear.

I received this email today from Trevor, the president of Cybrary:

I regularly review the conversations occurring between our customer success team and our customers and wanted to send along my apologies for the interaction with the team.

As you alluded to in the conversation, we do like to speak with our customers who are deciding to cancel as it is very helpful feedback to improving the product experience. We have received many insights from customers we were completely blind to; and those have led to significant improvements to the platform. Chatting with us to cancel should not be a laborious process for the customer and I have since sat with them to review the process and ensure it is much more customer-friendly.

Again, I apologize for the poor experience and hope Cybrary continues to be a valuable resource to developing your career in the industry, even if that exists in a non-paying capacity.

Please feel free to reach out to me at any time with any additional questions or concerns.

After reading this it is pretty clear that the way I interpreted the initial conversation I had was off and a bit quick to jumping to conclusions. It's nice seeing the president of a company give such great attention to a customer service issue and stay on the front lines as well. That earns my respect.

It also appears that whatever miscommunication happened probably won't happen again. Please don't discredit Cybrary because of my misleading previous post. Thank you.



No comments:

Post a Comment