Thursday, August 30, 2018

How do people QoS/throttling guest wireless?

I'm having trouble finding the best way to QoS/Throttle our public wireless. We're a school district in a hub and spoke topology and are Cisco based for switching/routing and Fortinet for wireless. Each site has a Catalyst 3850 core stack that feeds back to our central 9410R core at the primary site. We pipe our outbound traffic through a bridged content filter (for CIPA compliance) into a edge 3850 switch with an ASA 5525X sitting between outbound and inbound VLANs on it.

I've wasted countless hours trying to get the QoS rules on my Fortinet wireless controllers to work and have given up at this point (don't but Fortinet wireless, the OS is a dumpster fire.) Now I have to decide where I want to try to police my connection on my switches or ASA. Each site has it's own subnet and our guest wireless is always on 10.XXX.224.0/19. I'm thinking about throttling guest connections down to 10mbps max. My gut is to do it on our ASA but I don't know how to achieve it since I'm not super well verse with ASA service policies.



No comments:

Post a Comment