Thursday, August 30, 2018

How can I make a vlan ACL on a ProCurve 3500?

Hi all, it's been many moons since my Cisco classes and I haven't had to deal with router configs in a bit...

Our core ProCurve 3500 is a L3 switch that routes all production traffic out to the internet, as well as between vlans. It knows of 3 vlans (vlan 10,20,30). I am wanting to add a guest wireless network that will go out a separate connection (it will leave via a comcast modem, not thru this L3 device and our primary broadband).

I'm thinking i need to add something like Vlan 222 (random number) to all necessary switches (and tag the uplinks) as well as this core 3500. I'd set the gateway of Vlan 222 to point to the Comcast router.

But what do I need to enter to deny ALL traffic on Vlan 222 to vlans 10,20,30, as well as vice versa? I want this guest vlan to be completely separate technically from the production network.

I know that an out of band wiring scheme would be best, but due to the complexity of my building, that may be more labor and $ than allowed.



No comments:

Post a Comment