Wednesday, August 29, 2018

High memory utilization on new FPR-2140 devices

I'm in the process of setting up a pair of new Cisco FPR-2140 boxes. They are running FXOS 2.3(1.111) and ASA 9.9.2.18. However, ASA is not currently setup and production at this time. This is a new base install with no traffic passing to/from/through it.

I'm seeing on both devices that memory utilization for FXOS is averaging 80-95% at any given time. Each box has 64GB available. Is this normal behavior for these devices? I can't seem to find any sort of documentation that describes the memory allocation and how it may work between the limited FXOS OS and ASA platform on top. I can do a show proc memory and the stationary ASA is using everything but 1.8 - 2 GB of memory.

I know in Palo Alto's, they optimize and use the available memory. Is that the same case here?



No comments:

Post a Comment