Saturday, May 19, 2018

Question about ip phone numbers.

First off ill say this is a school project, but it is for an actual network.

In the topology(screenshot link below): https://imgur.com/a/aqNrUIi

Ignore the red zone The server provides dhcp for all devices. I have labeled

vlan 20 ADMIN port 2-9 default gateway 172.16.20.1 /24

vlan 25 Library port 10-18 " 172.16.25.1 /24

vlan 10 Voice " 172.16.10.1 /24

So lets say the physical layout is Switch -->patch panel -> wall plate ->ip phone -> PC

I would like to know if there was a way to specify what number each phone gets. for example. I want the phone in ADMIN to get 1101 and the phone in library to get 1201.

I know if it was separate LANs you could just specify the numbers in the separate routers in the ephone#-dn command. And auto-assign x-x would dish out phone numbers. In this case its one big LAN with many subnets. I dont want to use the auto-assign command.

But what if i wanted that phone in ADMIN connected to fa0/2 on Switch1 to always get the 1101 number and the one connected to fa0/10 to always get the 1201 number so there can be system. I came up short on google. I would appreciate some guidance.

Thanks.



No comments:

Post a Comment