Monday, May 14, 2018

In the event of power failure, can POE be automatically turned off?

C3850 switches and mixed APC ups

Im not comfortable with how overloaded our ups are. My personal threshold for mandatory upgrade on most things is 70% and we are close to that.

Our battery backup requirement is that users need to be able to save to the cloud and then gtfo.

When the ups activates I'd like the following command to run:

Conf t

Int ra giX/0/Y - A/0/B

No power inline

End

This should vastly increase my uptime at no cost to my department! If they don't reload and I forget to turn poe back on, no big deal. Out of hundreds, only a few employees will stay and more than likely they will be VIP enough to have my cell number

Thanks in advance! This will get me positive recognition at work <3



No comments:

Post a Comment