Tuesday, May 8, 2018

HP 2920 Switch Stacking

I currently have 1 HP 2920 but do to growth we're needing to add extra ports. I read the white paper many times on switch stacking but still have questions.

1) Can I add a new switch to the stack but have it be a member and not standby? The documents all indicate it'll auto assign as standby and then the 3rd switch added will be a member. Can I not have 2 switches; Commander and Member and call it a day and if so can someone help me out with what I need to do?

2) It would appear that the member in the stack uses the primary VLAN. I am to assume this is just to manage the member and I can still assign ports on the member to other VLANS?

3) When a member is set up will it show up in the web based management tool?



No comments:

Post a Comment