Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Having trouble finding a job as an intermediate level engineer

Has anyone else has this issue?

I have been in networking now for about 3 years and in the IT industry for around 12, i started as a junior network engineer but was made redundant after a year and a half.

After that i got a job as the sole network admin in a smaller company which was great for me at first but now i dont feel as if my career is progressing.

I have gotten my JNCIA and CCNA R&S but i am getting the same two responses for every job i apply for:

  1. You are over qualified for the role
  2. You are under qualified for the role

I get told that i havent got enough real world experience but how am i supposed to get this without someone giving me a chance. I understand people dont want to let you loose on a production environment but i am really trying to get somewhere in this industry and despite my efforts just keep getting knocked back.

I want to do my CCNP next but im worried im just going to keep getting the same responses.

Is it just the case of waiting for someone else to give you a chance as i really feel like im stuck in limbo at the moment!

Any advice would be appreciated



No comments:

Post a Comment