Saturday, May 19, 2018

2950 Voodoo

Hi, I'm having issues removing an old 2950 (standard image). Currently I have a 3850 with a SVI routing to an access port on VLAN 916. It goes via the 2950 and then to a Cisco WAVE appliance and then to a Cisco ASR 1001. The WAVE has inline interfaces configured to listen on all VLANs, and the ASR encapsulates on VLAN 3. No VLANs are configured on the WAVE.

I have RW access to the 3850, no access to the 2950 and RO access to the WAVE and ASR.

I thought the 2950 couldn't do any VLAN routing or any layer 3 features so my mind is blown.

Do any of you have any idea of what could be going on before I take the WAN offline and password reset the 2950?

I manage the 3850, the rest is covered by an outside organisation. I want to remove the 2950 because it is 15 years old. Getting the other company to do any work is like trying to herd cats. Swapping to VLAN 3 on my side is an option, but requires a bit of extra work.



No comments:

Post a Comment