Thursday, March 1, 2018

VOIP VLAN not working correctly when other VLAN is shit.

We have one VLAN for VOIP and one main VLAN for everything else. Our main VLAN has grown to big and is total horse shit. The VOIP VLAN runs to another switch from our VOIP provider that has a different router

When a VOIP phone is on the VOIP provider switch, everything is fine. But when I connect a VOIP phone to our network that has the main VLAN untagged and the VOIP VLAN tagged, calls are 30 seconds later than the CTI or the user will be kicked from the call group.

I removed the main VLAN to the VOIP phone and it worked perfectly, than I added it back and the user missed a lot of calls again.

So can I correctly say that although the VOIP phone is on the VOIP VLAN that it has trouble with the main VLAN?

Also how the fuck can I can configure VLAN prioratizing on the 3Com Baseline Switch 2928-HPWR?



No comments:

Post a Comment