Thursday, March 1, 2018

Strange behavior of OSPF during a network-type mismatch

Hey everyone,

I'm hoping someone here with an intimate knowledge of OSPF's operation might be able to explain some weird behavior I saw today. We had an OSPF network type mismatch between an ISP and one of our edge router (broadcast & point-to-point).

So even though there was a mismatch, the actual neighborship was up (which is normal behavior, yes?) The part that intrigues/concerns me is that our router received all the LSA's from the ISP (as far as, I looked in the OSPF database and I saw all the LSA's there) - but our router wasn't adding them to the routing table.

Anyway, the moment I fixed the network type mismatch all the missing routes were added to the routing table. But can anyone explain why the LSAs weren't added to the routing table in the first place, if they were in the database?



No comments:

Post a Comment