Thursday, March 1, 2018

Question about VPN on cisco devices

Hey everyone! Sorry for the potentially dumb question, but its been a long day and I can't wrap my head around this at the moment.

We are getting ready to set up a site to site tunnel and VPN with an external company. I filled out a webform for their IT department and I provided the gateway from our side, and the subnet we would be souring from when communicating with their servers.

They sent back the confirmation, and this is where my drained brain stopped processing stuff. They gave us their gateway, and their networks that would be accessible across the tunnel. But no Tunnel IP's. And they are calling it a PIVPN, which my googling is showing up as a raspberry pi VPN server, but their endpoint is a cisco ASA 5555(ours at the remote site in question is an ISR4431).

My dumb questions are, what is a PIVPN? And without tunnel IP's I can't set up a tunnel interface I believe? I am the least security savvy engineer, so if someone can direct me to documentation I would be much appreciative.



No comments:

Post a Comment