Friday, March 2, 2018

Juniper QOS - Dedicated bandwidth for VOIP

I operate an ISP and offer basic broadband circuits of varying bandwidth. I typically drop a Juniper SRX320 or SRX340 on-site to act as PE for my MPLS backbone.

Some of my customers are having issues where they are maxing out their bandwidth and experiencing quality issues with VOIP calls (as expected)

These customers are very non-technical and do not have the proper equipment on-site to properly split the bandwidth before it leaves their network.

I would like to configure my PE device to use QOS to allocate a dedicated amount of bandwidth for VOIP traffic. So if they purchase a 20Mbps circuit, I will allocate 15Mbps for non-VOIP traffic, and 5 for VOIP traffic.

Any configuration guides for JunOS that will get me on the right track?



No comments:

Post a Comment