Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Wiring up a friend's small office. Preferences for CAT5e cable?

I'm threading 6 APs and maybe another 6 wall jacks over some drop ceiling and through hollow walls. Nothing fancy, doesn't need to be plenum rated.

Anyone have cable they like that isn't super crappy and hard to work with? Preferably on Amazon, although I could deal with Anixter if I have to.

It's hard to buy this kind of stuff without being able to squeeze it in person and know if I'm going to be swearing all afternoon or if the pairs will fall into the end with me barely glancing at them.

Stealth Edit Yes I know CAT6a, but they will not use more than gbit in their time in this office and I don't feel like dealing with the pain in the ass of jacketing and the divider.

And yeah, no CCA of course.



No comments:

Post a Comment