Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Sizing a pair of Cisco routers for BGP, multi-homing, and full tables

We're all Cisco guys, in an all Cisco shop, so I'm not looking for anything else. I've got some idea's, but I'm looking for more! Looking for resources/recommendations for sizing a pair of BGP multi-homing routers that can pull full ipv4/ipv6 tables.

We currently have 6 ISP's, with about 800Mbps/800Mbps, I'll need something that can handle at least twice as much bandwidth. I'll need something that can pull full ipv4/ipv6 tables, as we do some BGP software routing enhancements. I'll want it to store over a million routes, so I don't have to replace it soon. These will be set up as a pair in two data centers in the same building.

We run a lot of used gear at my shop, so the 1k with upgraded memory is the current front runner due to cost effectiveness. I was hoping I could find a decent price on a used 1002HX, but I'm fairly new to this 'market' so I still need to do my own due diligence researching that arena..

Any recommendations or recommended resources are very much appreciated!



No comments:

Post a Comment