Monday, February 26, 2018

Single port on switch limiting bandwidth

I have a Brocade ICX 6450-48P (fw 08030n) that is giving me indigestion, and I'm apparently too dumb to figure out why. It has a single port that is limiting throughput for some reason.

Port# 11 is the offending port, and Port# 10 is my test port that is working perfectly. Here is their config:

interface ethernet 3/1/10 dual-mode 40 inline power power-by-class 3 ! interface ethernet 3/1/11 dual-mode 40 inline power power-by-class 3 

As you can see not much is going on. They are access ports on vlan 40 and trunked on vlan 41 for our VoIP phones, with PoE enabled. When connected to each of them they negotiate 1Gbps full duplex, but port#11 doesn't actually deliver that.

I used iperf to test both ports and they were completely identical in packet loss and bandwidth, but that might just be because I'm not using it properly. When I try a real-world test like pulling a large file down from our server, port# 10 gives me full gigabit and port# 11 maxes out at around 100mbit. On speedtest.net, port# 10 gets our full 100/100 down/up, and port# 11 gets like 60/5.

Is there anything else that could cause this on the switch itself other than a physical issue with the port itself? I'm afraid this might be another inexplicable Brocade problem that I've ran into more than I care to count...



No comments:

Post a Comment