Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Regular expression in Cisco Prime (3.3)

Hello!

Question in regards to Cisco Prime's Configuration Validation.

Fairly new user to Cisco Prime, as I have previously been using Nessus for auditing our networking devices for config validation.

I'm having trouble with figuring out how to properly make Regex work with building out a custom configuration audit policy/rule.

Currently, I have created a policy, and am adding a rule. For this particular one, I want to ensure that the enable password is encrypted.

What I have set:

  • Scope: Execution
  • Data Type: String
  • Input Required (Unchecked)
  • Is List of Values (Unchecked)
  • Accept Multiple Inputs (Unchecked)
  • Default Values: Blank
  • Max Length: Blank

For "Valid RegExp", I tried the following:

enable secret [^ ] enable secret [4|5] enable secret 4|5 

When I click preview, I get "Invalid Regular Expression".

Any help would be greatly appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment