Thursday, February 8, 2018

[Question] DHCP Relay and DHCP server on the same network

I have a network A with a old dhcp server (call it server A) I want to get rid off. I have set up a dhcp-relay on the main L3 switch (also gateway) to my other dhcp server (on network B, call it server B) and I have added a scope for network A on it.

As today, both dhcp server respond to dhcp request for network A (obviously, only a small part get a IP from B because server A is much closer). But, if I set the scope down on server A, no one get an IP. Why?

I can ping server B from any machine in network A, so, it's not a routing issue.

Any guess where I need to look?

I know I may need to wireshark the sh*t out of this, but I just can't understand why my dhcp-relay seems to work only when server A is operating.



No comments:

Post a Comment