Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Issue with Fiber Connection Between Dell N1548P and Dell 5548P

I have installed two new Dell N1548P switches and am running fiber back to my server room to a Dell 5548P. I am getting intermittent drops on both new switches, but one of them is really a problem child. It will lose connectivity completely unless I reboot it. The link on the 5548 end still shows good, and the optical diagnostic shows no loss of signal, but connectivity to it will just stop. I have tried switching the fiber connections with the other switch, which even though has intermittent drops, still works, and I get the same issue, no connectivity unless I reboot. I have not done any other configuration on these switches with the exception of getting their IP's on the network and joining them to a VLAN for our wireless. Is there anything I could be missing here? Some sort of loop I'm not seeing?



No comments:

Post a Comment