Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Dell PowerConnect M8024-k console issues

As I have pretty much exhausted most other avenues, I wonder if anyone here has run into this issue.

We currently have a number of Dell M1000e chassis, with Dell PowerConnect M8024-k switches.

We have a particular issue with a few of them whereby we cannot access the switch via the console. I believe the cause of this is due to a misconfiguration in TACACS/RADIUS configuration, but we are totally unable to get anything out of the console.

I have tried via the CMC internal port, and also with an appropriate USB cable on the front of the switch connected to my laptop.

Either time, you can just hit enter a load of times and just get blank lines.

The switch works - as it is forwarding traffic successfully.

Any ideas?



No comments:

Post a Comment