Thursday, February 8, 2018

Core switch stacking & multicast issue

Hello,

I've made a setup of 3 switches (Extreme x670) which are stacked native. I'm experiencing high stack port utilization (100% some times).

My guess is that multicast is redirected to the master switch through this stack connection. But to my knowledge multicast stays within its own VLAN, even while using stacking?

The setup is used to stream raw video to devices within the same VLAN, occasionally to another VLAN (max 4 at a time). The average bandwidth of these streams is high, over 3gb/s. The bandwidth of the stack is 80gb (native v_160).

The setup itself seems to work as intended, which seems odd because when hitting the 100% you should receive some kind of packet/link loss.

I'm new to this subreddit, so if I've missed any crucial information please tell me.



No comments:

Post a Comment