Tuesday, February 20, 2018

cannot ping between my 2 SG300s

so i have 3 SG300s setup for a new network that was recently implemented. It doesn't go live for another 3 weeks, I am using this time to make any adjustments necessary for a smooth transition from their old network to my new one. Tonight, I faced a problem. I connected 2 SG300s together by 2 CAT6 1Gig uplinks and the third switch i configured to act as the root switch. I configured trunk on the switchports that needed trunk to communicate, as when i powered on the devices, the LEDs were flashing. Decided to check if hosts on the switches can talk, all i get is request timeout. I can ping the 2 switches but cannot ping another host.

configurations are: trunk on all the switches, changed spanning tree priority for SG300-10 making it default as a root switch. All the uplink between the 2 SG300-28 are flashing, but because my SG300-10(root sw) is powered down, could that be the reason by my host on each switch cannot successfully ping each other?

Help needed! THANKS!!



No comments:

Post a Comment