Wednesday, December 1, 2021

First-time QOS configuration in a Cisco environment

I was wondering if I could get some help with a basic Cisco QOS configuration.

We're getting close to implementing a new VOIP solution on our network and I need to get everything configured. This is a cloud-based VOIP system so everything will be going out our ASA to the internet.

The vendor provided this for me to work off of so if I could get some pointers on where to look or a starting place I would appreciate it.

Information provided from vendor:

- Confirm QoS (Quality of Service) is configured on all the Routers

- Confirm LAN is honoring and prioritizing DSCP 26 for SIP at Layer 3

- Confirm LAN is honoring and prioritizing DSCP 46 for SIP at Layer 3

- Confirm LAN is honoring and prioritizing COS of 5 at Layer 2

There's some additional steps provided as well but this is where I need to start with everything.

Our firewall is a ASA 5516 and our core switch is doing all the layer 3 work, it's a 4500X.

I have a pretty good understanding of networking but QOS is one of those things I've never messed with. Anyone have some sample configs I can look over or some good websites outside of Cisco to get me started?

Thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment