Monday, November 8, 2021

Wanted to be a networking guy, but current experience is 5 years sysadmin/tech support with CCNA cert

Hi All.

I really wanted to be a netwoking guy. Focusing on firewalls, routings, switching, APs.

Am I on the right track? I've been working as a Sysadmin/IT support for the last 5 years at an MSP company.
From supporting end-users, confirugin windows server and hyperV, doing basic linux things, office 365 administration/

Then for networking, I got my CCNA cert last 2017 but my only networking experinece was configuring firewall, router, switch for small businesses. Since most of our client are small businesses I never handled complex network infrasctructure. Biggest client I have supported has 5 sites, configure there firewall, switch..

I know how to implement vlans and such things at CCNA level. I did really study hard with my CCNA cert last 2018 so I believe I have strong networking fundamentals.

Is it worth it to take a pay cut and look for an entry full time networking roles?

Or

just continue being Jack of all trades?

Thanks r/networking



No comments:

Post a Comment