Friday, November 19, 2021

Questions about ARIN and legacy IP block fees?

Anybody here familiar with ARIN and their fee structure?

I have a "Direct Allocation" /24 network block which has been in continuous use since the mid-90s, registered to me personally as the POC and organization in ARIN's records. The address space is announced by my Tier-2 colocation provider via a consent form.

ARIN sporadically pushes me to sign an agreement, but is evasive about what sort of annual fee would be owed, and I cannot use the fee estimator on the website (error message is "Account Does Not Exist in ARIN's Billing System").

As a "Legacy" allocation, it appears I would be required to pay the minimum annual fee of $125 after I sign a LSRA, or $150/$250 if I sign the RSA?

What am I giving up by not signing up to pay the approximately 3% "ARIN tax" on the address space? Does it even matter as long as I have no intent to request an ASN nor sell/lease the block?



No comments:

Post a Comment