Wednesday, November 17, 2021

How and what tools do you use for brain dumping your networking notes

Recently I have been looking at the mass amount of notes I have acquired through my career to date in networking and out of curiosity wondering on other peoples note/wiki solutions. This isn’t for storing corporate data just notes for building configs, interesting faults/bugs, study notes etc that can comes with me with every new role.

Currently everything is in OneNote so I have access to it where ever I am or which ever device I am using. All broken down into service (routing, switching, wireless, firewalls etc.) then further broken down into vendor or technology. One note is great for ease of use and portability but I really starting to dislike the lack of formatting structure, where it’s just too easy just to drop images or text anywhere on the page. Was wondering on other peoples note solutions - does anyone use some kind of markdown?



No comments:

Post a Comment