Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Block Inbound Geolocations with Cisco Firepower Management Center (FMC)

I am going to be setting up Geolocation blocking on our Firepower Management Center (v6.6.1) to block all inbound connections outside of North America. Does anyone have any guides/videos on the correct procedure for doing this? Everything I have found online is for older versions of FMC that look significantly different.

From what I have gathered so far, I’m going to go to Polices --> Access Control --> Edit the existing policy --> Add Rule --> Under “Zones” tab set action to “block” (or should it be “block with reset”?), set source zone to outside, leave destination zone on any, under “Networks” tab select “Geolocation” and add countries or continents to source networks box --> Set rule to Mandatory or position 1? --> Add --> Deploy

Does that look like the correct way of doing this? I rarely spend time in the FMC so I don't know if I am going about this correctly.

Thanks,



No comments:

Post a Comment