Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Help with setting up a small office

Hello, I am helping out with setting up the networking for a small office that is currently getting renovated. I have a quick question, the router they have is a TZ370, and they have a SWS14-24 managed switch.

I need to run new cabling through the roof/walls, and I was hoping to only need to run one cable per room. Each room will have multiple devices that need ethernet access, for example every employee workspace will have a computer and a voip phone, and some will have a printer. If I have a small switch in every room that then connects to the wall, which then connects to the SWS14-24, and then onto the TZ370 router, will I still be able to setup simple access rules when if multiple devices traffic will be coming through the same cable? Do I need to take any special steps, or will the router/switch be able to distinguish the traffic by itself? Or will I need to setup VLANS for this to work?



No comments:

Post a Comment