Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Extending Fiber - Repeaters or Switches?

Looking for some input on the best practice to handle this. Working on a project to where I'm needing to extend 20, 10Gbps, 1510nm fiber runs. These units will need to use 100km optics to get the signals to where I need them to go. I might be able to mux/demux them, but I haven't explored that route yet. They will also be house in climate controlled outdoor telo cabinets. And cost is a huge factor in this.

I have not found very many rack mounted repeaters out there. The few that I did find (fs.com) but after adding all the bits needed, it's nearly the same cost of a decent 10Gbps switch.

Has any worked this kind of situation before? Essentially, I need to extended 10 fibers to 180Km and the other 10 to 275Km.



No comments:

Post a Comment