Monday, October 4, 2021

PFSense newbie

I'm not a sysadmin, I'm more of a tech who's picked up a little of everything else along the way. I was hoping I could pick y'all's brains though. The company I work for has a current network setup of ATT feeding the WAN port of a Netgate firewall. Behind it, it's split into the LAN port on a network 172.16.0.0 /22 with a default gateway of 172.16.0.1 (LAN interface IP), OPT 1 set up 10.10.10.10, and OPT 2 with 10.10.69.1, running an NVR at 69.10 and I forget the netmask on that network. Unfortunately thanks to the network topology of the building, a handful of cameras ended up connected to the LAN network with IP addresses of 172.16.0.xxx and it's not really plausible to add additional wiring at this stage to split the cameras off onto their own networks. Apparently whatever pings the NVR sends out to find network cameras aren't making it somewhere, because the NVR can't even see that there are cameras on a network. I suspect it's because I need to bridge or route the two interfaces, but I'm new to networking in general, so I'm not sure which it is here.



No comments:

Post a Comment