Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Looking For Career Advice

I’m a 29M that has been currently working at a colo data center as a building tech for 4 years, while pursuing my flight ratings to become a pilot. Long story short it’s looking like it won’t become a reality.

My fall back has been the IT world. I have BBA in Health Care Management, but do not want to pursue that. It doesn’t make sense at this point for me to go back and get a degree in IT. So I’m currently studying to get my Comptia Network+ rating.

I am interested in the security side of IT after the experience I have received working at my current job. I do find the network side interesting as well, but have seen posts here talking about how the cloud and security side will be the real future.

What should I be pursuing to make me more marketable in the future? Can I crack the IT world without a CS degree?

Thanks in advance!



No comments:

Post a Comment