Saturday, October 16, 2021

Device that provides console over ethernet like IPMI.

Hi,

I have a mac mini and a Ubuntu box that I run headless. However, there are times I need to plug in a monitor + keyboard and mouse so I physically need to be next to that computer.

Does anyone know of a device where I can plug into the HDMI port for the mac mini and USB (to emulate keyboard and mouse), and also a Ubuntu desktop which is DisplayPort and USB, and it tricks those machines into thinking I have a keyboard and mouse + monitor plugged into it, and then with software, I can access those devices on my mac mini and ubuntu desktop to remote control them so I don't have to physically plug a keyboard, mouse, and monitor into them?

Basically run software on macOS and load up the screen as if I was at the physical console - its all done over my network.

Best analogy I can think of is something like IPMI.



No comments:

Post a Comment