Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Struggling to setup networking for Poly Studio X50 Webcam system

The Poly Studio X50 is a conference room webcam setup with a wall mounted webcam/soundbar, and a tablet that allows you to control/join meetings.

The room has a Ubiquity AC Pro access point.

Upon receiving the X50, it seems like both the camera and the tablet require Power over Ethernet (PoE) to function correctly. Apparently the device has onboard wireless but I can't tell how it's utilized.

How would I go about setting this up? I have never used PoE before and unsure of what the requirements are. The AC pro is powered over PoE, but that is from the main box and there are no additional PoE ports that I can see.

What am I missing here? Does Poly Studios just expect people to have a couple closeby PoE enabled ports? I realize I'm going to have to order a couple PoE rated cables, but I'm unsure what I'd even be plugging them into.



No comments:

Post a Comment