Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Router With Captive Portal and Built in Radius Server

Followed by my last post about DHCP looping. I am a forcefully selected voluntary internet admin of my dormitory, and I am searching for a device with built in radius server for internet authentication. We currently have WAVER device, which is wonderful, but the firewall is close to nothing, and internet output speed is overall 20-40 Mb, while my actual internet speed is 1000 Mb. I have tried Draytek Vigor 2962, but its user account and local radius are crappy and not always redirects to the login page, so I had to return it. And there is no way I’m going to install a radius server because even if I am able to install it, there will be no one who can help me, since I can’t be doing it all alone and it doesn’t worth that much trouble without being paid. We are 120 residence and I want them to login with user account and password. Can anyone suggest me a device?

Thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment